Administrative Assistant IIWilliams-Sonoma, Inc
Title: Administrative Assistant II
Location: Claremont, NC
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams' single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That's why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens' Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Perform scheduling and planning functions for all three Sutter Street locations.
- Monitor order levels and schedule plants to meet full capacity on a weekly basis.
- Provide order status to internal and external customers with regards to production, expected ship dates, and fabric availability.
- Provide rate of sales analysis for management to ensure appropriate levels of fabric inventory and kits are available at all times.
- Represent Sutter Street manufacturing on weekly calls with the brands.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Customer Service, the Brands, and Manufacturing.
- Work closely with administrative staff to ensure all Bills of Materials and Routes are ready on time and entered in AX for scheduling purposes.
- Set, publish, and monitor schedules for all Sutter locations.
- Provide status and projected ship date to the brands as well as internal customer service.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read, document, and communicate proficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency required.
- Must have more than a working knowledge of essential computer software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and some form of ERP.
- Successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Two year degree required with a four year degree preferred.
- Previous scheduling experience strongly preferred. Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.