Full-time Apartment Maintenance
Pay Starting at $18 per hour
This job description is intended to provide you with a guide as to your primary responsibilities and duties as a Maintenance Technician on a day-to-day basis. It is not intended, however, as a procedures or "how to" manual. Your individual Property Manager will provide you with standard operating procedures. Under the direction of the Property Manager and Regional Property Manager you are responsible for the physical maintenance, repair and appearance of the complex.
Your normal duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
1. Keep all grounds, common areas and parking areas free and clear of trash and debris on a daily basis.
2. Complete Work Orders at the direction of the Property Manager.
3. Provide completed timesheets and work orders to Property Manager at end of every shift.
4. Clean and paint vacant apartments within CMC guidelines.
5. Provide lawn maintenance when there is no signed contract with a landscaping company
„h Mow and trim all lawn areas as needed.
„h Aerate, seed and fertilize lawns in spring and fall.
„h Maintain shrubs, mulch areas and other landscaping as needed.
6. Water grounds as needed during spring and summer
7. Remove ice and snow from sidewalks and parking lots during winter.
8. Clean and mop Community Room and laundry facility weekly.
9. Change apartment heat pump filters quarterly - monthly during heavy-use seasons, maintain filter log.
10. Inspect and service heat pumps at the beginning of each extreme weather season; maintain service log.
11. Clean roofs and gutters quarterly.
12. Service ranges and refrigerators as needed.
13. Accompany exterminators quarterly and keep log of all apartment exterminations.
14. Inspect and service all maintenance equipment, including lawn mowers, Weedeaters, etc. at the end of each winter to ensure they are in good operating condition for the season ahead, and continue to maintain while in use. Maintain service log.
15. Inspect all buildings and apartments on a regular basis in conjunction with performing other duties, making Property Manager aware of any problems you may find.
16. As authorized by the Property Manager and Regional Property Manager, make purchases necessary to complete maintenance and repairs specified.
17. Maintain small inventory of replacement parts in the maintenance area.
18. Advise Property Manager and Regional Property Manager whenever outside contractors are needed.
19. Be prepared to handle emergency situations by having emergency information available, i.e., telephone numbers, names of contacts, location of cut-off valves for water and electrical sources, etc.
20. Follow on a regular schedule the preventive maintenance/servicing of the following items:
Heating and Air Conditioning Equipment -
o Filter changes
o Freon checks
o Proper operation
Hot Water Heaters ¡V
o Fluid check
o Element check
o Proper operation
Cleaning Carpets and Drapes -
o With unit inspections see that project provided drapes and carpets are not damaged by
water or soot from leaks or heating units; if so, clean as needed.
Inspect Roof and Fascia -
o Clean gutters and down spouts
o Check for leaks and roofing problems
o Check to remove debris
Major Appliances -
o Check elements and burners
o Check for proper operation and cleanliness
o Check freezer and cooling efficiency in refrigerator
o Check operation of lights and seal gaskets
Exterior Windows ¡V
o Wash and check for cracks and proper operation
o Caulking around windows and doors