Night Shift - 12 hours ...Competitive Wages, Excellent Benefits and Stable Company.
Maintains the material condition and operational capability of industrial production machines and support systems. The Maintenance Technician also participates in plant wide and departmental improvement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The section is not intended to be an all-inclusive list and NGK Ceramics reserves the right to include other duties as assigned):
- Uses basic hand tools to disassemble and repair machinery; and restores equipment to operation in accordance with the design specifications and industry standards.
- Performs routine cleaning, inspection and testing of mechanical and hydraulic systems and components; identifies worn or faulty components and/or unsuitable conditions and makes corrections as required.
- Installs and/or replaces mechanical drive system and hydraulic motion control system components.
- Performs necessary adjustments and alignments on motors, couplings, sheaves, sprockets, cylinders, linear slides, etc.
- Sets up and operates metal working machinery such as lathes, drill presses, mills and grinders in order to fabricate, modify or repair various machine parts.
- Uses basic electrical testing devices such as voltmeters, ammeters, resistance testers, or mega ohmmeters in order to measure and test electrical circuits and components.
- Utilizes circuit diagrams and the appropriate test equipment in order to analyze industrial machine control circuits and high frequency / high voltage generating circuits, thereby identifying problems; troubleshoots to the component level and effects repairs.
- Participates in in-depth root cause analysis efforts and makes recommendations for countermeasures.
- Uses specialized interface equipment to move, reset, and reteach servo systems.
- Participates in PM (Preventive Maintenance), MMOL (Machine Maintenance Operator Leader), and 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) activities as needed
- Follows all EMS (Environmental Management System) procedures, including the disposal of waste and used materials
- The Maintenance Technician has no supervisory responsibilities.
III. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES *
- Performance Categories
- Meeting Targets and Objectives (Organizational Ability, Efficiency, Work Quality)
- Dependability / Self-Management
- Interpersonal Skills (Relationship Building, Teamwork)
- Motivation and Commitment (Initiative and Flexibility)
- Decision Making and Problem Solving (Judgment)
- Individual Competencies
- Respect and Humility
- Integrity and Accountability
- Safety Orientation
- Customer Focus (Internal and External)IV. REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A. Education and/or Experience
- * For a full definition of each of these respective competencies, please contact Human Resources
- Must be able to successfully complete all required job training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED): plus 1 year experience/training.
Associate’s degree (A.S. or A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; plus 1-3 years of experience and/or training.
- Required Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Required Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Required Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and will be determined on a case by case basis):
- The employee is regularly required to stand; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
VI. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
VII. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/PPE
- Hearing protection may be required while performing certain job duties.
- Respirators may be required in designated areas or under prescribed work conditions.
- Chemical goggles or safety glasses with side shields may be required while performing certain job duties.
- Welder’s gloves, helmet, and sleeves/apron/coat may be required while performing certain job duties.
- Task appropriate gloves may be required while performing certain job duties.
- EH approved composite or sturdy leather work shoes/boots with hard soles are required.A. This job description is not to be considered a written contract. Employment with NGK is at will. This means that the employee, as well as the company, is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason not prohibited by law. Also, this job description is not designed to be a complete listing of the tasks, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.