HVAC InstructorMitchell Community College
Mitchell Community College is currently hiring for a Part Time HVAC Instructor. Mitchell Community College currently offers 3 programs of study:
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Diploma (D35100)
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Certificate (C35100A)
- Refrigeration and Heating Servicing Certificate (C35100R)
The instructor is responsible for delivering classroom instruction and supervision for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) program, including planning, implementation, and evaluation of program components, services, and related activities. The instructor will work closely with the HVACR Coordinator in matters related to and for the benefit of the specific program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach curriculum courses to new and existing students
- Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility including lecture and lab
- Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course
- Conduct class and lab activities that are consistent with course objectives
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed
- Work with Program Coordinator to develop, revise, and evaluate the instructional program, including all plans of study and course outlines
- In conjunction with the Program Coordinator, develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester
- Work as a team member with all existing curriculum and continuing education faculty and staff
- Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students in a congenial and professional manner
- Comply with College policies and procedures
- Remain current in the field of study
- Communicate effectively
- The college seeks to be a learning-centered institution, which requires employees to be life-long learners
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in HVACR is preferred
- Program certificates from an accredited institution are required
- Industrial certifications from organizations such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and/or North American Technician Excellence (NATE) are a plus
- Demonstrated extensive industry experience is required
- Prior community college teaching experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- Demonstrated ability to ensure student success; utilize effective classroom management skills; and employ effective and
- Appropriate evaluations of student performance
- Demonstrated working knowledge of campus services for appropriate referral
- Ability to use instructional technology effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-
- Access community college philosophy, diversity and inclusion, and adult learning principles
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including the ability to relate to students, faculty, and staff in a courteous, professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution
- Appropriate academic credentials and experience are required as determined by the nature of the instructional position according to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) criteria.
Standard classroom environment, usually indoors, away from elements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to maintain a stationary position; move about the classroom, operate and position tools or controls; and frequently communicate with students. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
This is a part time position. Classes meet during the day and/or evening at the Statesville Campus and Mooresville Campus. Classes also taught online.
Local travel may be required, including between campus locations.