Assistant Director of Safety & SecurityMitchell Community College
Assistant Director of Safety & Security
Mitchell Community College is currently hiring for an Assistant Director of Safety & Security. Mitchell Community College has a strong history and proud heritage of serving as the provider of high-quality educational programs to Iredell County for over 150 years. We have 2 campuses, our historic campus in Statesville with its stately buildings and downtown location is complemented by our growing and thriving campus in Mooresville. Each campus offers incredible opportunities for academic, professional and personal growth.
The Assistant Director of Security serves as the day-to-day Supervisor of the Security staff for all campuses. The Assistant Director is also responsible for day-to-day security operations and interaction with faculty, staff and students to maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
Summary of Benefits:
Mitchell Community College offers a variety of benefits to meet the individual needs and goals of its employees.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts (health and/or dependent care)
- retirement plan
- sick and vacation leave
- professional development
- supplemental insurance plans
- additional investment plans
- employee assistance program (EAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the security department in a safe secure manner
- Maintains compliance with the College Emergency Action Plan, Exposure Control Plan and MSDS files; implementing emergency procedures, as necessary
- Work with the Director of Safety & Security in response to campus emergencies
- Review and approve part-time Security Officers timesheets and contracts
- Interview, hire and train part-time Security personnel
- Performs monthly Security personnel scheduling
- Act as designee in the Director's absence
- Serve on the college's "Behavioral Assessment Team"
- Keep up-to-date and thorough knowledge of facilities and equipment locations
- Develop working relationships with local emergency responder agencies
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Safety & Security and/or Vice-President
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five years of law enforcement or college security experience
- Demonstrated supervisory skills preferred
- Working knowledge of criminal investigations and emergency planning
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of facility disaster and contingency plans
- Microsoft Office proficiency; including word and excel
- Valid Driver's License
Attends to a number of different environments including indoor and outdoor spaces. Exposure to weather elements, high or precarious places, fumes and airborne particles, and moderate noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to move for extended periods, ascend/descend as needed, and position self in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Must be able to detect environmental abnormalities such as spills or odors. The employee frequently moves up to 25 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
This is a full-time position. Scheduling varies based on demand.
Local travel is required, including accessibility to work between all campus locations.
$2,935.75 - $3,669.67 Monthly