Family Child Care Consultant (Region 9)
Family Child Care Consultant (Region 9)
Salary Grade: Grade 16 ($37,992 - $56,989)
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position will work with the CCR&R Statewide Family Child Care Project Manager and the CCR&R FCC Statewide Support Team to build and sustain a localized system of technical assistance and professional development that supports FCC educators, where connections and collaborations with peer mentors and other professional agencies and organizations supporting FCC is valued and embedded in a diverse, equitable and inclusive service delivery model driven by identified FCC needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and support work in the region with FCC operators.
· Intentionally provide collaboration and networking opportunities where operators can share and provide feedback on the service delivery model.
· Provide technical assistance.
· Provide professional development.
· Provide FCC PD and TA in multiple modalities to meet FCC operator needs.
· Connect and collaborate with other CCR&R staff as well as peer mentors to create a multi-level relationship based, culturally and linguistically responsive support system.
· Ensure equitable access to technical assistance and professional development opportunities that support FCC individual needs in their regions.
· Provide a flexible schedule to accommodate TA & PD needs of FCC operators outside of their business day.
· Work with Project Manager and Anchors to identify potential peer mentors and collaborate with them for individualized FCC support for operators (paired meetings, TA, etc.).
· Identify, support, and prioritize TA for FCC Start–Up.
· Collaborate with Director of Child Care Solutions and the FCC Project management team to develop a regional team (Regional FCC Consultant, lead or local CCR&R staff, and peer mentors).
· Schedule and conduct quarterly regional team meetings.
· Schedule check in meetings with FCC mentors or participate in Peer Mentor professional learning communities if scheduled by Project Manager or Management Team Anchors.
· Schedule and conduct quarterly collaboration and networking opportunities with local FCC operators in their service area.
· Share with Project Manager, Management Team Anchors, and Director of Child Care Solutions regional team feedback, successes, concerns, local trends, etc.
· Support research, study, or survey opportunities through the project or other NC collaborative partners as identified by the Project Manager.
· Support TA and PD skill building opportunities for themselves and regional team members, as identified.
· Document work activities and submit required reports and data to Director of Child Care Solutions, Project Manager and Management Team Anchors.
· Provide feedback from regional activities to inform continued work to support FCC operators.
· Attend statewide FCC team meetings, training, events as required by Project Manager in coordination with Director of Child Care Solutions.
· Attend meetings, trainings, events as required by Director of Child Care Solutions in collaboration with Project Manager.
· Support both ICPYC and the Statewide FCC Project as identified in the Scope of Work
· Other duties as assigned to fulfill contractual requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the requirements listed below.
· Must pass a criminal background check.
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines and/or address learner needs, including night and/or weekend work.
· Regional travel throughout the following counties is required: Alexander, Avery, Burke, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, Mitchell, Watauga, and Yancey counties.
· Travel will be required to include regional, some statewide, and limited nationally, as appropriate.
· May work in shared space or from a home office with internet connectivity.
· If working from a home office, ensure that space and equipment used is conducive to work productivity and performance.
Education and/or Experience:
Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field. Minimum of 2 years of experience in early childhood education with NCICDP Level 11 Certification. Technical Assistance/Professional Development Endorsements preferred. Completed training and demonstrated competence with the Family Child Care Home Environmental Rating Scales
preferred. Experience in leading/supporting collaborative teams is preferred. Previous experience as a Family Child Care educator or experience in supporting Family Child Care educators is a plus.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Understanding of current theory and practices of group child care and best practices for children.
· Knowledge of NC Child Care Licensure Rules & Regulations.
· Working knowledge of NC CCR&R System.
· Knowledge of Family Child Care Home Environmental Rating Scales.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
· Knowledge or adaptability to learn and master multiple software applications.
· Ability to present information effectively in writing and orally.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Demonstrate and actively pursue additional learning opportunities related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Ability to build rapport with FCC ECE collaborators.
· Attention to detail with ability to maintain accurate documentation of activities.
· Ability to manage work and meet required deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize work to balance duties.
· Ability to adapt to and support a changing work environment and new demands.
· Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.