When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
Haworth is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II - Conover, NC to join our team in Conover NC.
As a Manufacturing Engineer II - Conover, NC, you will:
Assure highest quality, least costly manufacturing processes. Under direction of the Operations Manager, design, develop, install, and document new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling. Ensure performance (business, profit, and manufacturing) to specification. Conduct cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial Technology plus 3 years of engineering experience.
- If no degree, 2 years of related work experience for every 1 year ( 8 years ) of required education in addition to 3 years of engineering experience.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, up to 10% of time.
- Ability to work in Conover, NC without relocation assistance.
- Experience running and programming CNC machinery.
- Experience in understanding torque and assembly processes with fasteners.
- Experience with inventory flow and management.
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and lean concepts.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of CAD (design) systems, analysis procedures; word processing and spread sheet applications; PC and keyboard/mouse skills required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to ensure products and materials produced meet functional requirements over life of product.
- Ability to multi-task and work in development-oriented team environment.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.