When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
Haworth is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor - 1st shift - Conover, NC to join our team in Conover NC.
As a Maintenance Supervisor - 1st shift - Conover, NC, you will:
Coach, plan, and monitor implementation and coordination of Haworth Manufacturing System (HMS) program by providing appropriate direction and support to members by clarifying current situation, explaining and demonstrating, providing feedback, redirecting, and reinforcing, including development of members in preventive and predictive maintenance; autonomous maintenance; and continuous improvement of products, processes, and equipment made and produced at Haworth.
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in manufacturing technology, engineering or maintenance and 6 years’ experience in production maintenance or engineering, including 3 years lead/supervisory experience?
- If no bachelor’s degree, do you have a Certification in skilled trade with emphasis on technical skills in tool and die, electrical/electronic, hydraulic, Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC), power transmissions, engine repair, pneumatic systems, or welding and 8 years experience in production maintenance, including 3 years lead/supervisory experience?
- If no bachelor’s degree or certification, do you have job-specific work experience OR combination of education and job-specific work experience where 2 years job-specific work experience equals 1 year of formal education in addition to 6 years’ experience in production maintenance or engineering, including 3 years lead/supervisory experience?
- The ability to manage staff and travel to High Point, NC regularly.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Conover, NC without relocation assistance.
- Experience repairing CNC machinery.
- Experience managing lock out/tag out policy and procedures.
- Mechanical and electrical machine repair experience.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and team-building skills, using concepts of continuous improvements.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.