Production OperatorsContinental Structural Plastics
Continental Structural Plastics
Lenoir Operations has Direct Hire openings for Production Operators on 2nd and 3rd shift.
• Starting pay $12.35 per hour with $0.30 shift differential
• Wage Progession to $17.25 per hour
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Up to 4 weeks Vacation based on service
• Medical Half Days
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex
• Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, Critical Care, etc.
This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor (or his/her designee) and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
Essential Job Functions:
• To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude
• To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
• To demonstrate problem-solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
• To follow policies and display conduct expected of Continental Structural Plastics (CSP) employees as described in the employee handbook.
• To follow safety rules of CSP and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
• To report all accidents immediately.
• To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of CSP.
• To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department's established procedures and work instructions.
• Responsible for reporting any safety hazards associated with equipment to his/her Shift Supervisor and/or Shift Leader.
• The operator shall be responsible for process checks of equipment at the shift start and throughout the day as deemed necessary by the Shift Supervisor and/or Shift Leader. Communicate with the relieving shift and notify of any unusual events/problems experienced that day.
• Complete production tickets accurately and take full responsibility for same. This would include total parts produced, a total of parts scrapped, total good parts, notes concerning operating conditions and molding problems encountered during shift.
• Notify Shift Supervisor and/or Team Leader of any problems outside his/her realm of expertise. (i.e., operating parameters, mold temperature settings, maintenance problems, material problems, etc.)
• Performs normal housekeeping duties within a reasonable area around the work area. Must keep area as neat and clean as possible.
• Will sometimes be responsible for assisting the Engineering Department with developmental work.
• Maintain the highest possible production levels of all rotation duties and ensure that the job stops only when necessary.
• Inspect parts to see that all operations prior to and including his/her operation have been completed satisfactorily as required by customer.
• Work overtime if necessary.
• When assigned to specific job, rotation with press operation may be required.
• Cross train on all Production Operator jobs as required.
• Other tasks/duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor and/or Shift Leader.
• Comply with all IATF-16949 and ISO-14001 requirements and prevention of recurring non-conformances when noticed.
• Must be able to read and write English sufficiently enough to fully understand safety policies, work instructions and chemical warning labels, etc.
• Good math skills and mechanical ability.
• Flexibility to perform several job duties.
• Good overall attitude as a team player.
• Ability to work at a quick pace.
• High School Diploma (or GED) is required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Repetitive motion of arms, hands and shoulders, walking, standing, frequently lifting up to 50lbs., bending, stooping and carrying. Must be able to work around 2500 ton presses and work in close proximity to high temperature molds (290o - 320oF). Must be able to travel from time to time including overnight, as required. Hearing protection and safety glasses are required while in the manufacturing area.