Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
Founded in 2000, the Community Foundation of Burke County (CFBC) is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that receives gifts, endowments and bequests from individuals, families, businesses and organizations. The Foundation uses distributions from these funds to make grants to qualified charitable agencies and institutions primarily serving the residents of Burke County, North Carolina. The mission of CFBC is to encourage, develop and participate in philanthropy by providing flexible giving opportunities, professional support and responsible stewardship for the benefit of donors and qualified recipients.
Working with and reporting to the President/CEO, the Administrative Assistant & Office Manager is responsible for overseeing office infrastructure as well as performing tasks and administrative functions assigned by the President/CEO. The position requires a bright, articulate and outgoing individual with excellent written and verbal skills. This person will be the front-line staff member to greet visitors, donors, and potential donors to the office. A solid understanding of MS software, strong organizational abilities, a collaborative spirit, attention to detail, and the capacity to work individually is a must.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for what engaged philanthropy can do for a community and exhibit a curious nature and eagerness to learn new programs. The Administrative Assistant & Office Manager will demonstrate:
- Dedication to quality and accuracy
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills particularly related to working with donors, students and parents.
- High energy and a positive attitude
- The ability to be a self-starter who fulfills job requirements with minimal supervision
- Sensitivity to donor needs
- Active participation in a team spirit working environment
- Detail oriented and a critical thinker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support and tracking for communication in all forms related to donors and funds
- Work with President/CEO to administer scholarships and grant software
- Coordinating logistics for donor events, including invitee lists, creating and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, preparing collateral materials and providing on-site support
- Maintain office inventory
- Attend and participate in Foundant Software workshops and seminars
- Data entry of gifts received by the foundation, generate acknowledgement letters and file them appropriately
- Record minutes at committee meetings and file them appropriately
Education and Experience:
- Associate of Arts degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in customer service, donor relations, client relations or philanthropy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience in working with nonprofit organizations preferred
- Experience in working with Foundant software preferred
Salary range based on experience: $47,500 - $55,000 per year. Benefits include paid time off, a simple IRA retirement plan up to a 3% match, and a health insurance stipend.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
The Community Foundation of Burke County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to JJ Musgrove, President/CEO at email@example.com or mail to:
President/CEO of CFBC
Emailed submissions are encouraged