Instructor, Information Technology-Digital Media & Mobile Application Development
Part-Time Instructor, Information Technology-Digital Media & Mobile Application Development
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 11/04/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Part-Time Instructor, Information Technologies-Digital Media and Mobile Application Development
Provides accessible, quality learning experiences within the classroom, laboratory, and/or distance learning settings; facilitates the learning process to help students be successful; completes required course assessments and documentation in an accurate and timely manner; ensure that the program is meeting the needs of business and industry, and partners with other areas of the college to deliver customized training courses as needed.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Essential responsibilities and other duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and delivers accessible, quality instruction that enhances student learning and ensures students' understanding of course outcomes.
- Instructs in either curriculum, non-curriculum, or business and industry; prepares objectives, assignments, assessments, instructional and supplemental materials, grading standards, and attendance policies in accordance with college and department policies; develops course syllabi to distributed; keeps online courses regularly updates; and begins and ends class as scheduled.
- Ensures the classroom environment (seated, online, or hybrid) is appropriate for all student learners through equity, inclusion, and globalization by using multiple teaching frameworks, such as Culturally Responsive Teaching and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ensures availability for all students, in the classroom and through distance learning, by maintaining established office hours, offering availability by appointment, and by responding to electronic communication in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Maintains and completes accurate records of student attendance and grades as indicated by institutional policy, and submits all final reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops new courses and/or revises course content and outcomes in area as needed; recommends appropriate course textbooks, supplies, software, and equipment; provides input into the development of the program's course sequence and the course schedule.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure quality instruction and the successful implementation of department and division goals, the college's Strategic Plan, and state-wide initiatives.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the college by adhering to all policies, procedures and faculty guidelines.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate supervisory personnel may assign additional duties. The college reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and techniques involved in assessment.
- Safe work practices and procedures.
- Operational characteristics of equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Current trends, research and development in the area of assignment.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning of mission, goals and objectives which complement those of the college.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the department.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner.
The instructor should have the ability to effectively handle a work environment and conditions which involve an office and classroom workspace, working closely with others, and periodically working irregular hours.
The instructor must maintain the office and teaching environments by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, functionality, and conformance to OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment.
Physical and marginal functions require the ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following; standing, walking or sitting for extended periods, moderate lifting and carrying, general manual dexterity, operating assigned equipment, and extended exposure to computer screens.
The instructor is required to maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations, reading and writing, operating assigned equipment, communicating with others, and handling varied tasks simultaneously.
Additionally, the instructor must maintain mental capacity, which permits making sound decisions and using good judgment, demonstrating intellectual capabilities, and evaluating the effectiveness of the classes being taught.
This is a part-time position, with availability of contract hours and scheduling (day/evening/online) dependent on enrollment needs of each semester.
Local travel between the Caldwell campus and/or any off-campus sites may be needed.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required Training and Experience:
Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college or university, in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- Swift Development
- Web Development (CIW)
- At least one year of relevant experience in digital media and mobile application development applications.
- Teaching at a community college.
- Using a learning management system to teach hybrid and distance education courses.
- In delivering customized training courses to business and industry.