Senior Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd shift
$2,000 HIRING BONUS * Conditions apply
PURPOSE: To coordinate between shifts and acting as the central point of contact for mechanical/electrical issues. Communicate and work cooperatively with all hourly and salaried employees. To ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Schedule: 2:45pm - 11:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices for Airlite Nonwoven’s, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Maintain 5S of work area.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Must handle job assignments for the maintenance technicians, ensuring that all maintenance technicians are working in a safe and productive manner.
- Maintains the maintenance shop area and equipment.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department and the employee’s. Review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians and employees.
- Communicates directly with the Operations Manager to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Must perform duties in a manner to meet production standards and customer(s) quality requirements.
- Must follow all health and safety requirements of the position.
- Must be able to perform all jobs assigned by the Supervisor.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication.
Associates degree from two-year College in a related technical field is preferred
1. Degree of Physical Demands (Strength) usually associated with this classification: Medium to heavy work: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force infrequently, involves transporting, positioning, stooping, and bending on an infrequent basis.
2. Environmental Conditions (Physical Surroundings) usually associated with this classification: Incumbent is exposed to internal office conditions and internal plant conditions such infrequent exposure to loud noise (s), low and high temperatures.