Responsible for overseeing the function of the transportation department and the employees associated with those functions. This includes managing drivers and dispatch personnel. Transportation Manager is also responsible for overseeing the processes of trucking, door experience as it relates to pickups and deliveries, fleet maintenance, dispatch operations and information collection and analysis. The positions also handles many human resource activities, including training, discipline and employee orientation.
- Direct daily workflow of Drivers and their productivity.
- Monitor, investigate, and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Maintain truck and Driver records and files in accordance with Company policies and procedures and the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Driver Safety and Accident investigation.
- Route analysis, efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct Haz-mat Training and other DOT regulated training.
- Complete Driver Annual Reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- College degree or higher preferred in the area of Transportation or Logistics.
- At least 3 years transportation or logistics experience required.
- Previous supervisory/management experience required, at least 3 years.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable DMV record.
- Experience with TMS and WMS Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and train employees.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel and Word. (Excel testing will be conducted).
- Must have DOT and OSHA regulation knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines in high volume workload situations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
Location/Region: Morganton, NC